Watching and thinking beyond ...

Thanks for any reactions ...

Support this site and leave in the comments links to videos that U find interesting ... thanks


pondelok 8. apríla 2013

Diego Stocco - Music from Nature and Duet for Leaves & Turntable

By his own words: To celebrate Earth Day 2012 Burt's Bees asked me to create a video performance in the style of my Music from a Tree. To expand the concept I also included as "instruments" some of the ingredients used in their products, like honey, almonds, rice, and coconuts; also bees had a musical role in this piece. I performed the whole composition by playing these natural elements, no synthesizers, samplers or additional sounds have been used.

and for second video: Recently I bought a turntable to use it for an experiment, but that didn't turn out as I was expecting. Then, I noticed the equally spaced ridges on the plate and got an idea for something else.
For about an hour I recorded short musical phrases by rubbing leaves against the turntable (the type of leaf, angle, pressure and fold determined the sound), then I combined the different takes together. Every element comes from those recordings, including the bass, kick and snare sounds (shaped with EQ, compression and resonators)

Diego Stocco - Music from Nature from Diego Stocco on Vimeo.


Diego Stocco - Duet for Leaves & Turntable from Diego Stocco on Vimeo.


more info: http://www.diegostocco.com

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára